The objective of this routine is strength and hypertrophy. Plain and simple. Follow it, eat right, don’t take supplements, and get large.
- Monday: Back/Chest/Abs
- Tuesday: Hamstrings/Erectors
- Wednesday: Off
- Thursday: Triceps/Delts/Biceps/Abs
- Friday: Squat/Deadlift
- Saturday: Off
- Sunday: Off
The formula – sets x reps @ tempo w/ rest.
4 x 7 @ 3120 w/ 120 is 4 sets of 7 at 3120 tempo (which is 3 sec negative, 1 sec pause, 2 sec positive, and 0 sec pause – “X” means explosive) w/ 120 sec rest.
- Pull up (NOT PULL DOWN) or Barbell Row 4 x 5 @ 4110 w/180
- Bench Press 4 x 5 @ 3020 w/180
- Static Abs – see explanation at the end
- Step Up 4 x 7 @ 20X0 w/ 120
- Good Morning 4 x 5 @ 2010 w/ 120
- Close Grip Bench Press 4 x 5 @ 3010 w/ 180
- Military Press 4 x 7 @ 3010 w/ 180
- Barbell Curl 4 x 5 @ 4020 w/ 180
- Swiss Ball Crunch 3 x 15 @ 2121 w/ 90
- SQUAT SQUAT SQUAT SQUAT SQUAT 5 x 5 @ 3010 w/ 180 BELOW PARALLEL!!!
- DEADLIFT DEADLIFT DEADLIFT DEADLIFT 5 x 5 @ 2111 w/ 180
- DO NOT change ANY of the exercises in this program if you want to get optimal results.
Static abs is an exercise that will strengthen the abdominal wall. It especially is good for those who wear a training belt, because you need to STOP WEARING IT. This will strengthen your midsection so you don’t get hurt doing squats, deadlifts, rows, and anything else which heavily involves isometric abdominal contractions.
Go to a decline sit-up bench and take a 45 lb plate. Hold it across your chest and do a half-sit-up until you are at the point where 100% tension is on your abs which should be at the halfway point. Hold this position and contract your abs for 5-10 seconds. Rep to failure and do 3 sets.
Make sure you pay close attention to food. I suggest your body weight times 15-18 in calories (depending on your metabolism) made up of 33% carbs, 33% protein, and 33% unsaturated fat. Also, pay close attention to post-workout, where you should take in about 60 grams of high glycemic carbs, 60 grams of low glycemic carbs, 50 grams of protein, and a teaspoon of flaxseed oil.
Here is another good routine that you should check out: